The Clear + Brilliant® Laser System (1440nm and 1927nm hand pieces) is used for dermatological procedures to address skin laxity and tone and for general skin resurfacing.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
The following contraindications are routine for many laser treatments and may also be associated with non-ablative Clear + Brilliant Laser System treatments. You may not be an appropriate candidate for a treatment if you:
- Have been diagnosed with or possibly have actinic keratosis, melasma, rosacea, or other significant skin conditions (e.g., skin cancer, active infections, cold sores, open wounds, rashes, burns, inflammation, eczema, psoriasis);
- Are predisposed to keloid formation or excessive scarring;
- Have a condition that may compromise the immune system, such as HIV, lupus, scleroderma, or systemic infections;
- Have a known sensitivity to light or if you are taking photosensitizing agents or medications;
- Are on systemic steroids (e.g., prednisone, dexamethasone), which should be rigorously avoided prior to and throughout the course of treatment;
- Are using retinoids, which should be avoided for at least 2 weeks prior to and during treatment;
- Are undergoing isotretinoin acne treatment or taking drugs in a similar class;
- Have skin that is still recovering from a cosmetic procedure, such as a chemical or mechanical peel, or laser resurfacing; or
- Have had botulinum toxin injections, or dermal fillers (such as collagen or hyaluronic acid) within the past 2 weeks.
Talk to your doctor for more information about Clear + Brilliant.